Well, it is the official off season although I am doing "Polar Bear Triathlon" on December 8th. Only because that is also the same day they give out the SW. Challenge Series awards. Hartley is out because of his foot so I am the only one in the family doing this sometimes cold, but fun race. Other than that I am suppose to be "recovering" but I have been continuing to bike, run and oh yes, I did manage a 3100 yd swim workout in the pool yesterday. That swim is the one in 6 week swim that should be enough for Polar Bear..:)
1. Shampooed all my carpets and washed all the tiles. I did have the housekeeper clean the rest. I am such a diva.
2. Had my windows cleaned..On a cleaning frenzy I guess before winter.
3. Finished all my Christmas shopping. Now this may be impressive however, it is only because we will have all 4 daughters, 2 grandchildren and 2 son-in-laws here for Thanksgiving and this year we do Christmas exchange then.
4. Trying to keep up my 3 times a week Josh's workout-that is so hard to keep at-I am telling you..
5. Another trying to do Yoga once or twice a week. That one is easy to blow off too.
6. Was going to go to some new groups to broaden my horizons. I did go to a philosophy group once. It was interesting but had a really nutty guy in it who insulted me by email so don't know about that one. i want to be around positive people. Also cancelled on the book club and the scrap booking club. I hate going out at night as a rule-geez I am getting old.
7. Trying to read more. Hartley got me this cool thing for my birthday:
It is a Sony Reader-i can download about 40 books on it. I think he got sick of carrying my luggage with books in it on vacations..
8. Catching up with blog reading, writing. Vickie is right. It is like talking to your friends on the phone everyday.
9. Yes-it is true. I am a reality TV addict so gotta keep up on my shows! Becca, my daughter calls me when one is about to begin and thank goodness for Tivo! How did we live without it? I mean it is one of life's necessities huh? And yes-I am a Dr. Phil and Oprah fan (and NO-Oprah never called-darn!)
10. Soduko everyday and sometimes I actually read the newspaper. The ABQ Journal leaves something to be desired though.
Mostly I wake up everyday and pinch myself. Is this for real? Am I really reaping the rewards of all those years of working, raising kids? Do I deserve this? Shouldn't I be working? This is too good to be true. As we were walking our dog the other day, Hartley turned to me and said "I just know it-the police are going to come and arrest me any day for not working. They will throw me in jail for not working the past 440 days!" I laughed because this is exactly how I feel sometimes. Our lives are amazing right now, the best ever. I just hope it lasts for a long time..