Wednesday, February 27, 2008
The days' highlights:
1. I had to get in front of everyone to get my HR up above 110, only to have to drop back about a mile on the hills to keep my HR below 135. Quite comical actually. My loyal hubby stayed with me and my erratic training plan. I think these guys thought I was nuts, but they understood my crazy speeds..
2. I managed to wolf down 2 goos, 1 bar, a bunch of shot bloks and 2 oz. of Infinit Nutrition in my water. Practicing nutrition is an intricate part of the training for IM because basically you have to gorge on food on the bike to carry you through the run. I remember in Florida not being able to eat much on the marathon.
3. I actually averaged 14.5 miles an hour which for me lately, doing the HR thing, is an improvement. You can check out my bike profile on the sidebar..
4. They were doing construction on part of the bike path and I was in front. The very loud rat-tat-tat machine made it impossible for the workmen to hear me yell "Heads up, heads up!!" So one of the workmen stepped right in front of me as I passed with his back to me. I yelled, "Hold on to me, hold on to me!" because it was too late to unclip and I knew I was going down. He didn't get it so down I went. Only a scrape and a sore knee but man was I pissed! I said-"you need to watch out-there are lots of cyclists on this path!" He apologized profusely. I got up, dusted myself off and muttered about it for about 2 miles-don't think H was actually listening to my complaining. The more I think about it, the more I realize that bike accidents happen alot just because of stupid people! OK-got that off my chest.
5. We bricked into a 30 min run, where my legs felt great.
I actually skipped a workout this week because Coach Luis said since my legs were not recovering that it would be a good idea to take an extra day off. Now I really like him-he actually listens to me! All in all this was a good plan because I felt really good today on the bike.
The best part of this week is I ordered my new Cervelo tri bike and should be getting it in 2 weeks. I am so psyched!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Hartley knows about it.. he even uses it too..
It has been going on for about 2 months now.
After my long ass workout of 3 hours of spinning and 50 min of swimming) yesterday, I admit, I used it.
I use it almost everday. And here it is-so get ready:
If you try it, you too will be hooked for life...
It is called the "I-Joy" I suppose because of all the joy it brings as it massages your back, shoulders and calves. Yes, it is a massage chair. We bought it at Costco on a whim about 2 months ago, which is something we (or rather H) never does but we did. And low and behold it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I now believe this is a necessity for Ironman Training. The calf massager can also do your thighs if you position it correctly.