H asked me yesterday how it felt to turn 54. This is what I thought:
1. When I was 4 years old, my mom was in the hospital, very ill and almost died. My dad was left with 5 little girls, (youngest being 5 months old) until my mom recuperated.
2. When I was 14, I got my first job. I worked at a snack bar at the local pool..I was busy on the swim team and becoming interested in boys.
3. When I was 24, my first born was a year old. My ex-husband and I bought our first real house. I was a nurse and a housewife.
4. When I was 34 years old, I was divorced and having a great time being single while working as a cardiac nurse.
5. When I was 44, I lost my ability to drink responsibly so I quit. I started getting in shape..
6. I am 54 today. I had a man 20 years my junior proposition me last week (I said no of course). I still got it!! My life is full, I love my family, my friends and my freedom..I am a triathlete, mom, Grandma and wife.
What else is there?