Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday baby..

On this 27th day of January...

27 years ago today.....


When I was 27 years old...


My daughter Allison was born..





Which makes her 27 years old today..





She was the best little baby ever. She smiled all the time and rarely cried. She fought hard to keep up with her big sister, 4 years her senior. That was difficult as Becca "took care of" her little sister and bossed her around quite a bit. Plus Becca had some pretty big shoes to fill! Poor little Allison took a big hit when mommy and daddy got divorced when she was 4 years old. But she made it through and when she was little, she had the most amazing insight about her situation and feelings. Her leadership ability shown at a young age. We use to say that Allison would grow up to be president, as she always seemed to have a knack of rounding up the other kids at school. Yes she did get in trouble for "talking too much", a much admired quality that showed up on my report card as well. Allison has always been creative and funny, she makes us all laugh with her stories and quick wit.

As Allison got older, she conquered may challenges, especially after her 3 sisters went off to school. It was tough on her and I know she was lonely and struggled through her teenage years. I never lost hope that she would make it though. When little Lane was born almost 5 years ago, I can't even put into words what that little one has brought to our lives. The gift of Lane and the way Allison is a mom to her is one of my greatest pleasures to have and witness. It is the ultimate payoff of raising such a special daughter. She is now a "leader" in her job, which suits her perfectly. She is fighting her way through college, on her own as a single mom while working full time. I am so proud of her today, on her 27th birthday! In many ways we are alike and in many ways different. One difference is she is learning to love herself at a much earlier age than I did, thus preventing much of the very heartache I put her through. For that I am so grateful. I pray everyday that she finds the kind of love that she is worthy of-she deserves it! We are alike in that she reads people, emotions and has great intuition. That is a gift she can take with her forever..

Happy Birthday my little Allison, my baby, who is not such a baby anymore but will forever be my baby!

4 comments:

Tania said...

Aunt Debi. That was beutiful. You made me cry. Makes me miss my mom so much!! That is all stuff I wish I could hear from her about me. I am sure you have no idea how much having that in written word will mean to her for years and years and years to come.. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe you know more than I give you credit for... Your daughter is amazing and I love her so much. I know she gets all of her greatest qualities from you!! I love you!
Tania

Anonymous said...

You're such a great Mom Debi! Those girls are lucky to have such a woman in their lives. Of course,I'm crying after reading your posting - but it was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Aunt Debi! I have fabulous wonderful memories of growing up with Ali, and I still look up to her now! She is so blessed to have you , and you her! --Erin

Anonymous said...

Mom-
Thank you for posting that...it was by far the best gift I received today. You are such a huge part of who I have become, thank you so much. I will always be your baby :) I love you so much.
Allison