I've been tagged by Cindy! So here are 5 unusual or interesting things you may not know about me:
1. I wanted to be an actress from the time I was a little girl. I actually wanted to be Shirley Temple. I had a lead in my high school musical-"Plain and Fancy" I majored in Drama my first year of college. Then it seems my major switched to partying and it was downhill from there for a few years. My dream is to do acting again after this triathlon thing is out of me.
2. I am an orphan. My parents were both chronically ill and passed away in their 60s. It has been very difficult to adjust to especially after my mom died 13 years ago. As I get older, I realize this is just part of the life cycle only I experienced it a bit sooner than some. My hubby's mom is still alive and for that I am grateful. She is very loving to me and it has eased the pain alot.
3. I was a swimmer growing up (now you wouldn't know that by my swim times now!). When I was 8 years old, the lifeguard saw me swimming (I was about a foot taller than other girls my age) and asked me if I wanted to join the swim team. I swam and won until the other kids caught up with my height, then I wasn't so good. But it was fun and some of my best childhood memories are being on the swim team. I swam competitively until my first year of college when the above major kicked in (partying) and I got side-tracked.
4. I am completely neurotic about being on time. I am compulsively early to the airport for trips. I get extremely annoyed with people who are chronically late. The older I get, the less stressed I get if I am running late but it still is important to me to be on time.
5. I was married to my first husband for 10 years. He was an alcoholic and I was insane which made for an inevitable ending. We did however, manage to produce 2 amazing kids and for that I am grateful. It took me years of therapy to get out and get through the ending of that relationship. I have now been happily married to my hubby for 15 years. Therapy works!
I now tag Vickie, Amy, Becca, Lisa,Heather.
We are off to Taos to have Christmas Eve with other kids and grand-daughter Avery. Be back soon!