Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ironman Training starting soon..

I officially signed up for Ironman training to start on February 4th with Mark Allen Online. It seems to be pretty straight forward with lots of Q&A support. I haven't decided if I will take the added on personal coaching with either Mark or his partner yet. I am glad to see the beginning of the program doesn't differ much than what we have been doing.

This is big news: we found a (drum roll) swimming pool less than 20 min. away in Tierrra Amarilla. Now it is only 20 yds but hey-we can't be picky in these parts. So H & I took a trip to Walmart today and bought us some goggles and we are officially checking out the pool this week. Should be interesting-costs a whopping $1.50..

We ran in our Yak Trax yesterday on pure snow for an hour. This is challenging. Then an hour on the trainer. Now an hour on the trainer is about as boring as anything I have ever done. It is torture! I can't imagine all you IMAZ people who rode 4 hours or something inside on the trainer at a time. What a punishing experience..I think I am officially getting cabin fever, for real. Actually H & I decided mountain living is not so bad. There is a different pace to life-very hard to describe. I feel zero pressure to do anything, that is until the Walmart experience (we went twice in 2 days-long story). I immediately felt anxiety to hurry and rush, even though there was no logical sense to it. A very drunk employee tried to help us with picking out a TV yesterday.. I felt bad for him-it was his day off and he was "hanging out there". OK so we got back to the cabin pretty quickly-did end up with a new TV here today-really roughing it now in high definition.. Yes the whole world can go to hell and we will be like those people hold up in our cabins waiting for the aliens or something...

Still no word on Michael and his friend..I keep his family in my thoughts and prayers everyday..

1 comment:

momo said...

tri-dogmom and shane do mark allen too and they've been really happy. the only thing is that he has them swim a whole lot! you might get dizzy going back and forth in that 20 yd pool... :-)

when i travel, the hotel i stay at has a 13 meter pool. basically its stroke, stroke, flip, stroke, stroke, flip. it gives me a great chance to practice my flipturns!