Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This and that.

1. Hartley looks less swollen. Says he is feeling better today, though a bit depressed. I am dragging him to spin class today to "get back on the horse" All I can say is it is a good thing I am not squeamish cause it looks gross when we change the band aids!

2. I decided to take the last 2 days off training in mourning for Hartley's accident. My official IMCDA training begins on Monday. Kind of like going on a bender before going to treatment..I hurt all over which I think means Hartley and I are spending way too much time together.. I am feeling his pain..

3. I got a new computer and a new phone in the same day. Is that allowed? I feel like the techno gods may strike me dead. I bought a Sony computer at a steal of a deal. Oh my gosh-i can actually SEE the monitor! It is awesome and white so i look like an Apple wanna-be. The phone is the new Blackberry Curve because I couldn't stand thinking Mark had something I wanted another day :)

4. The nail-biting resolution is not going well. It seems the knitting isn't working yet..

5. My "baby" turned 26 years old on Sunday. This makes me question why the hell I ever signed up for 2 Ironmans in the same year. Whatever was I thinking?

6. My thoughts and prayers still for Michael and Kyle and the recovery efforts..it just snowed 4 feet more up in that area which is not good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your free days before your official training starts...hope spinning is fun for you and Hartley today :)

Podium quest said...

Binging before rehab, now that was funny! Enjoy your training that's starting soon! 4 more feet? How the heck are you going to do your long bike days? I can only handle 2 hrs on the trainer max!

I still can't belive your guys baby is 26.

skoshi said...

Hi D.
Just getting caught up.
Wow--that was quite a tumble for H. Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery. That kind of fall could happen to anyone.

Official training? Are you doing it with Mark Allen? That should be pretty exciting. Can't wait to see what an animal you become! :)

SWTrigal said...

yep-Mark allen online plus Luis as my individual trainer who monitors my workouts, gives suggestions, etc..

Bones said...

Glad to hear Hartley is looking better! I think the initial IM training is going to be easier than what you have been doing :)

Welcome to the Curve club. I'll show you the secret handshake at the next race...