Saturday, April 19, 2008

A very brief race report.

Here is my six word "mime":

Harder than hard, the hardest ever..
(this includes Ironman Florida)

I will post more tomorrow but in short, this took the cake. I finished DFL..

That would be "Dead f&*&^*king last! But I finished, got the bling, got the finisher's T-shirt and did not get pulled from the course. I took 2nd in my AG despite adversity, hills, wind, falls on the bike and run, ice cold lake, hot conditions.. and lived to tell about it..

I experienced a new meaning for the term "endurance" today..

9 comments:

LBTEPA said...

OMG - well done! Have a rest now!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I am SO GLAD I wasn't there!

Er, I mean, Congratulations on your finish!

21stCenturyMom said...

Yowch! I've had a couple of sadly slow races and I never gave myself NEAR enough credit for finishing but you are correct - enduring and making it to the finish line when you want to quit/puke/die/get medical attention is HUGE!

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Great job toughing it out!!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

seriously.. the toughest course ever. You will LOVE CDA, especially after this!

Calyx Meredith said...

Go girl! What a run up you've had to this race - and what a brutal course it sounds like you had!! Congrats on the finish. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great training weekend on the way to CDA.

Also sounds like a really tough race.

Good job for sticking with it to the finish line.

skoshi said...

Wow. Sounds like a tough course, and sounds like you really hung in there. Congrats on your finish! :)

Sluggo said...

That was one tough race. You did awesome...now bring on IMCDA!