Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Who is this?

My good run continues..After being sick as a dog (for about 9 hours) after my 4500 yd swim on Saturday, I did SF century on Sunday, then a 3 hour run on Monday. Now all I have to do is do it all in one day (and then some)!

Speed run workout today. My legs still feel strong! I do not know who has inhabited my body but I am hoping it is some 30 year old amazing triathlete that will take me to the finish line of IMCDA.

I love this part of Ironman training when people start to ask if you are losing weight. To which I seem to inevitably feel the need to say Oh it's only because I am training for an Ironman. As soon as it is over, I will back to fighting this last 10 lbs again! I think I will just start saying Thank you!

I am truly starting to trust Mark Allen and my Coach Luis that maybe, maybe I will actually finish IMCDA feeling fairly decent. That is my goal. To smile and feel decent at the end..It would also be really great if I finished in the top half of my age group (not the 30 year old one)..

13 comments:

Tea said...

Everything is starting to come together! You are going to do great!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

That is FANTASTIC!!!

I had a great week last week... but today, my long run nearly killed me. My legs felt SO heavy...

I'm READY to taper :-)

The Stretch Doc said...

Hey you finishing in the Top half of your AG means your not walking with me!!!
or I have to finish faster!! yikes!

I am hoping to finish feeling good as well.. but finish!!!!!

rockon`

Fe-lady said...

Hope I can keep up with you for at least part of the race!
My "great" week was two weeks ago...trying to find it again! :-)

Calyx Meredith said...

All in one day (except the sick for nine hours part!!) and feel good at the end. Sounds like a big goal but you're already so close - you'll smash that goal!

Podium quest said...

Wow. That's one heck of a weekend. Lots of training. You'll do great at the
Iron. I'm so excited for you!!!!

Vickie said...

Now I know you are ready! Great job! I guess as long as you keep at it, eventually things start to come around.

Bones said...

Great to hear you are feeling strong! Great job on the SFC, that was a tough course, I don't care what anyone else says!

momo said...

debi, you are so ready! way to go on the long long stuff!!

IronTriTim said...

Its a great feeling when it all starts coming together. I am sure you will do great.

Unknown said...

Your training volume is crazy. I can't wait to 'track' you at CDA. I'm sure you'll do great.

Very inspiring. :)

IronWaddler said...

It is all falling into place! Great job and soon to taper.

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice workouts! You'll do great out there!