Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Travel diaries begin..

Here we are on our one venture out of our room:


No more race reports for awhile. H & I will start officially training for IMAZ on Monday, Aug. 4th but until then, we are in vacation mode.
We traveled through some pretty thick smoke in northern CA from the fires on Monday. That was freaky. Compared to the last hotel, we are in the Ritz Carlton in Brookings, OR. It is just north of the CA border, on the ocean and we have been doing NOTHING for 2 days. We were going to spend one nite here and ended up here for 2. This place is a motel but basically like a small apartment. A bedroom, kitchen, is new, cheap and has a friggin" bathtub! My needs are getting less as I get older. No longer do I expect the luxury places (well sometimes I do) but the important things are-can I get my Oatmeal and coffee in the morning? And here we can. Plus all the free DVDs we can borrow so we have watched 3 DVDs, walked on the beach once. Ate at a good restaurant and a bad one and have just been well, slugs..

5 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

Being a slug sounds nice - very nice. I am in forced slug mode due to this head cold but once this is gone I'll be back to .... something. I guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

The ocean up there looks lovely!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

You know, considering the fact that in the past month you've done a full IM and a half IM, and Harley has done a half IM and is all bruised up, maybe it's, well, OKAY that you take it easy for a while! Oatmeal and coffee by the ocean sounds heavenly, by the way.

LBTEPA said...

ooooh... sounds perfect
just the thing for a full recovery before you are on to the next thing :)

Tania said...

yay for vacations!!!!! have fun!!! love ya!!
Tania

skoshi said...

Goodness, I used to spend time up in Brookings--that brings back some memories.
Congrats on the half IM for both of you. Have a nice vacation.