Observations about baseball from a girl:
1. Is it just me or does it seem strange that 9 men stand in a field, just waiting for something to happen? When it does, it lasts about 10 seconds, then they stand around again..
2. It is probably wrong that I think there are no ugly major league baseball players...I am old enough to be their mother.
3. Speaking of being their mother, who dresses these guys? One guy had his back pocket hanging completely out...Isn't it like the army where they all have to look good?
4. Nine innings is WAY TOO LONG! I could get the point and enjoyment with 7 innings. I think they do this at the Little League level, don't they?
5. Why do people who drink beer get more obnoxious the more they drink and yell LOUDER at the umpire?
6. Who pays $6.00 for a beer? I have been out of the loop way too long!
7. Why did the lady next to me think it was really cute to spray water on her husband with one of those fan thingies just as I was on my Blackberry that got water on it too, then chuckled when I gave her a dirty look?
8. I love my husband's reaction to a professional baseball game. It is worth it! He looks like a little boy who is the happiest kid on the planet when he is at these things..
9. I love sports, I love a good, fast basketball or football game. But there is something so sleepy about baseball.
10. Why can't we have just ONE male child to go with H to these things? I know girls can love this stuff too but our girls are very girly. I think until we get a small male child who can have that shit-eating grin on his face with H, I will be going to the games with him..
11. To the people behind us, who talked THE WHOLE GAME, please do not sit near us at the game tomorrow. We do not care if you go to Hooters, or got up at 2:00 AM this AM or drank too much yesterday..or have a whiny teenager who wants to go home after the 2nd inning!
12. Tommy Lasorda is eating and drinking WAY too much these days!
I am trying to love baseball!! I really am!