Sunday, March 15, 2009

I left Debbie Downer home today..

OK, I don't feel so much like a loser this week on the bike...we just got back from a 49 mile bike ride and I kept up! Averaged 17.3 MPH!! I guess the Wired Drink I drank this AM after a few weeks off coffee helped..did I mentioned I had alot of energy? It was the good kind though. We even rode in a paceline for about 8 miles of the ride. That was fun. Made the fast ones slow up a bit and the slow ones (ex: me) speed up a bit..

I have hope again, even if it is due to caffeine. H & I ran 9 miles yesterday..well we won't talk about how long that took..I look at quality, not time-that is completely bullshit!

Next race the OC Half Marathon on May 3rd, then our local Jay Benson sprint triathlon on May 10th. Leading up to the Buffalo Springs Lake half IM on June 28th..

I leave for Denver on Wednesday to see the BABY!! Yay!

6 comments:

becoloradogirl said...

I thought you were doing the full OC marathon?

SWTrigal said...

In case we sign up for IMWA (Australia), we don't want to risk the chance of getting injured..Plus will be more fun to run it with Allison in the half.

skoshi said...

Hi D. I didn't realize you had such a hard time with the ride last week. In case you didn't realize I was the last one to finish the ride--not you! Remember when you rode up next to me to talk--and I didn't? I apologize, but I was too pooped to hold a conversation. Feels good to have a good ride, doesn't it? Glad you had a good day :)

RBR said...

Dude! 17.3 mph average? Crazy fast. I can only dream of that kind of speed. Great job hanging with the big boys!

Calyx Meredith said...

An average of 17.3 - wow. I'm hoping to someday be able to reach 17.3 for a single minute (that's not on a downhill). Glad you had a good ride and have fun with that baby!

The Stretch Doc said...

sounds like all is well and your getting some good training done.

Have fun in Denver!!

dont think I'm gonna make OC but sure am trying for buffalo springs!

rockon`