Friday, June 15, 2007

TAPER BLUES!

OK, so I am feeling like I am hungry all the time, not losing weight, sluggish and depressed. i think this is all a sign of tapering for the big BUFFALO in 9 days. I remember this! You feel like dog-doo-doo for 2 weeks before the race. There must be a scientific reason for this you know but in this moment I don't care. I did a 30 min run yesterday, went to Cochiti and swam a mile or so. It was SO much more pleasant than last week with the 30 MPH winds and cold. Yesterday was warm, sunny-ahhh a perfect swim day in the lake. I feel like my swimming is OK for the race. I feel more confidence than ever with open water swimming. Now the bike and run I will have to have a new mantra for. "I am fast" "I am middle-aged fast" "I love myself even if I am last" (oh come on!) " My feet are like lightening!" I wonder others tell themselves like the winners?

2 comments:

Podium quest said...

Oh, I feel for you. I hate the taper blues! Keep your chin up, stay positive, and resist the urge to train. It will be worth it! I'm so exited for you!

Unknown said...

Hang in there! Race day is just around the corner.

BTW - Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the words about surviving the teenage years. It is encouraging for me to know others have been through this and made it through to the other side. It gives me hope!!

Oh, I and like your mantra, particularly the "I love myself even if I'm last" part. I may need to steal that for myself. ;)