Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cranky, Tired Ironmaiden..or Grumpy Grandma!

My friends gave me the name "Ironmaiden" a few years ago. I don't feel so maiden-like today. I feel that cranky, tired Ironman training feeling. I couldn't keep up with men 20 years older than me today on the bike and keep my HR down. I was cursing myself, my bike, the group (in my head). All the while, H stayed with me and listened to my bitching and moaning..I swore I was going to train alone from now on and then by lunch, I was fine again, while chatting with these same wonderful folks that I ride with every Wed AM. Thought I would never make it to my run later today, but I did..one of my harder training days. I do not know how I ever did this while running a fulltime counseling practice. This feels like a fulltime job in itself. I do know the payoff is huge-just keepin' my eye on the prize!

This may be one reason I am so crabby:

April Totals
Swim: 15, 112 yds
bike: 499.65 (are you kidding me? I am going out right now and riding .4 miles!)
Run: 88.2 miles

11 comments:

IronWaddler said...

Those are some awesome numbers for April. It won't be too long until the taper.

LBTEPA said...

Yes, get out there RIGHT NOW and ride the last .4 you slacker! (joking!)

21stCenturyMom said...

hahaha... I hate it when I look at some total (weekly or monthly) and is a couple tenths off a great, round number. Just round it up in your head - you earned it! Excellent training!

Bones said...

Maybe you are just plain cranky?? :)

Anonymous said...

C'mon...you're kinda slacking there on the bike! (NOT...my lord, that's a lot of miles) Awesome!!

Nice swimming and running, too.

Vickie said...

Impressive!

Tea said...

Now, DEM's some numbers!

(I loved the picture of you in the previous post. The first I thought too was "Is she whistling?") LOL

Unknown said...

Wow, that's some mileage.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

great numbers, and we all feel that way during IM training sometimes... You'll come around, and it WILL be worth it!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! Now let's go ride this weekend.

The Young Family said...

Came across your blog - wow those are some great numbers!

Em