Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Footprints in the Sand..

When I am in the middle of the run, I will think of this song and my sister Sara, who is my "One Thing." She died in 2001, of MS, suddenly at age 52. She was my oldest, big sister, who carried me so much in my younger years, when I needed encouragement and help. A selfless person, I know she is with me, even in these silly triathlon races. I feel her energy when I am down, when I think "I can't" she seems to make me feel like "I can."

This one is for you Sara:




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this beautiful tribute to your sister. I will keep Sara, in my mind as I bike on June 28th the MS biking tour here in town.

21stCenturyMom said...

I got a little teary watching that and I'm not the teary type. That was just so sweet and touching. And I love that 'one thing' article. And I love Misty's response as much as I love it that your one thing is your sister who meant so much to you. I'm so sorry you lost her here on earth but happy that you can keep her in your heart and have her be your 'one thing'.

Anonymous said...

Debi...thanks so much for sharing this. I love it, and it reminded me of the things that are really important in this life :)

That picture of Sara is beautiful. What a great smile. I know she is with you, too, and very proud of her little sis.

The way you talk about her...encouraging, helpful, selfless...she sounds a lot like you :)

IronWaddler said...

What a beautiful video. Thanks for keeping things in perspective. She must have been awesome. I am going out to run now and will keep that in my mind.

LBTEPA said...

How lovely that you have the memories of such a person to sustain and uplift you

momo said...

thanks so much for sharing with us, debi. your sister is beautiful and i know her spirit lives on in you and all you do.

big hugs to you!

Tea said...

That is a beautiful dedication. Thank you for posting it.