Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back to reality..

I finally got back to running today after 8 days off. I "ran" 5 miles in an hour. It was like this:

Run, run, cough, run, run, cough..I decided to actually take the antibiotics the Dr. gave me.

All in all I felt pretty darn good though post IM. Mark Allen says as soon as you can run 20 minutes without feeling your "marathon legs" you are recovered. I am there....

Now with 19 days until Vineman 70.3, I am hoping for my upper respiratory system to cooperate with the rest of my body..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, Debi. I'm glad you're recovering already from the IM! You're tough.

Vineman 70.3 will be a walk in the park for you now :)

Calyx Meredith said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! It sucks that you had to get the respiratory crud at all, but so thankful you didn't have to fight with that during the IM! BTW, That was a great picture of your granddaughter! Hope your recovery keeps progressing!

IronWaddler said...

Hope you feel better soon. Sound like the legs have recovered>

LBTEPA said...

OMG I thought I was the only one too silly to take Drs advice. Get well soon!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

I can't BELIEVE you are doing a half IM in a couple weeks.... Super woman!