Thursday, July 3, 2008

Random dream and thoughts..

-I had a dream that I got lost at the Danskin Tri and still got first place. It was in the snow (Iknow-it is a dream you know). They did not have splits but I definitely won the swim.

-There are 27 women in my AG at Vineman. Not that I am really training or anything. The only training I have done since IMCDA is an hour run and my legs are sore..uh-oh..

-I'm heading out to the lake this AM to swim with H and the tri couple down the street. They rented a kayak so what the heck? I only have to bring my wetsuit, cap and goggles this time. What a treat with no extra warmth layers!

-This cough is getting downright annoying and I am running out of cough medicine (the good kind for night). Damn!

-My back lawn is dying for no particular reason. What a major pain in the butt!

-I feel grumpy!
Addendum: I went for a 1.2 mile OW swim this AM and did it in 40 min. Amazing how without all the extraneous sh%^$&*t how fast I can be! Oh and the water-like a bath of 68 degrees. Ohmmmmmm........

6 comments:

Susi said...

i was having insane dreams before IMCDA! in one i forgot all my nutrition so decided to wing it with what they gave me. in another the swim start was in a tsunami. too funny.

hope you start feeling better soon! i woke up with a sore throat and sniffles, i'm praying it doesn't turn into something.

doing vineman how many days after IMCDA?? you rock!!

21stCenturyMom said...

I'm one of those 27 and I assert that doing a full IM counts as training. You'll be over the fatigue in another week and then you do a regular taper week and boom! Fast city!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy hearing about your entertaining dreams. Danskin in the snow...too funny!

You will be fine at Vineman. You're in awesome shape :)

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the cough!

And NICE open water swim!! Way to go!

Happy 4th!!

Calyx Meredith said...

I'm sorry that cough is still hanging around!! No wonder you feel a bit grumpy. I'm sure the strength you got from IMCDA (and all the training leading up to it) will hold you in good stead for Vineman. Just get healthy!

Vickie said...

I think IMCDA has something to do with dying lawns. That happened to us in 2006 when we went out there. The lawn took a total downturn and completely died off for no apparent reason. Good swim time! I don't seem to be able to get any faster for that distance (about 48 min.). I need to!