1. You get your bike out to start the ride and it has a staple in the back tire.
2. You hit a bump and lose your yellow thingy that goes in your aero bottle and don't realize it until you are up the hill. You decide to get it on the way back, never find it and end up spilling liquids all over yourself at every bump. Sticky liquids!
3. Your favorite Ruby sunglasses you have had for years break in the middle of the ride and you end up riding without one of the side ear pieces and have sticky stuff from all the liquids on the remaining sunglasses.
4. You lose your Garmin at yet another bump, don't realize it for 3 miles, then have to ride uphill to go get it. You find it in the road and luckily it has not been run over.
5. You don't take enough nutrition and end up bonking on the brick/run after the bike.
6. It is 95 degrees and you wish you were in the 55 degree water at IMCDA again!
So that was my ride today. Not my best but did 57 miles and a wimpy 1 mile walk/run afterwards. Scarfed down a Dion's sandwich at record pace afterwards. Whew! Made it...