Monday, July 14, 2008

In between..

I am:

-In between races. IMCDA out of the way, Vineman next Sunday.
-In between trips. Just got home from Ohio, heading for the West coast on Thursday.
-In between feeling excited about Vineman and just saying to hell with it. Just going to show up!-
-In between laundry loads again!
-In between being sick but almost totally healthy again. Still cough at times.
-In between spring and fall.
-In between riding my road bike and my tri bike. Tri Cervelo is in the LBS which is, shall we say, "disorganized" at best and can't seem to get to my bike after a week just to tweak it after cables have streched. Grrrrr....

So it is an "in between" week so far. I just left my girls back in Ohio, my people, my oldest bestest friends in the world after what seemed like a 3 day slumber party all over again. We laughed, gossiped, played, drove by old boyfriends' houses, our old houses, old haunts where we use to hang back when life was simple. We shopped we ate, then ate some more. Seems like we were never away and it has been about 35 years since we graduated high school. Here we are now (with the last mom that lives in my home town). I am on the end right:

I miss the old days! Sigh...

8 comments:

The Stretch Doc said...

and all that inbetween your still having fun!!!

your gonna do great at Vineman!!

rockon`

IronWaddler said...

Gotta love those Buckeyes.

Good Luck at Vineman. Some of the best time are "in between".

Calyx Meredith said...

In between...
Wasn't it Twyla Tharp who said it's not what happens in the steps but what happens in between the steps that makes dance art? Enjoy your between times! Good luck at Vineman!!

Tania said...

I am so glad you had fun with your friends! I am also glad your cough is getting better!! Good luck on your next race!! Can't wait to hear the outcome!!
Tania

21stCenturyMom said...

What a fun time in Ohio. I did tell you I was born in Dayton, right?

Vineman will be fun! You should just enjoy it - never mind your speed. The water is so warm we will be lucky to wear wetsuits and so shallow we will come out of it with dirt under our finger nails. The weather has been cool and breezy. The wine country is beautiful. What's not to like?

Duane said...

Good luck to you and Hartley at Vineman!

Vickie said...

Glad you had some down home fun. Bet you loved that weather too.

Unknown said...

In between isn't all bad!!