Monday, December 31, 2007

Highlights of 2007..

1. I finally got back into the training/racing groove. I did PRs in a half IM, sprint, and Oly. I finished 3rd in the Southwest Triathlon Series, doing 12 races in all.

2. My mother-in-law finished chemotherapy and is in pretty good shape right now.

3. Got to see the whole family twice this fall. Too much fun-I love those little grand-kids. This is the payoff for all the work of parenting.

4. Got to travel to Phoenix, Costa Rica, Peru, St. Louis, Santa Cruz, Long Beach, Cancun, many places in New Mexico, Denver and even Lubbock & Alpine, Texas!

5. I served my Jury Duty for the decade. What a pain in the ass..

6. I had pretty much all of my body tested, ultrasounds and a biopsy and have a relatively clean bill of health. A few odds and ends of preventative medicine and I hope to stay that way.

7. We had a major flood at the cabin in Chama but got a remodel out of it and it is more beautiful than ever!

8. Hartley and I completed our first full year of "retirement" and have had the best year of our life/relationship. All the hard work and now it is harvest time-it is the best really.

9. I started blogging for the first time and it has opened a whole new world for me. I thought Geekgirl was a little off to be honest when she started talking about the blog thing until I started it. Now I can't stop! I have met some amazing peeps through all this. Plus I have a running diary of my life, which I cannot seem to remember much of these days. I get to keep up with the folks in triathlon land, even if I don't see them often.

10. I lost the last 8 lbs that I have been "lugging" around for a couple of years. I feel better than I have in 5 years. Maybe the hormones are finally settling down. Maybe menopause is over-yea!! No more hot flashes..

Goals for 2008 tomorrow..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome year for you! I hope 2008 treats you just as well if not better!!

Unknown said...

You had a great 2007. Very inspiring. Glad I got to meet you. Maybe we can cycle together again sometime on a Friday when the weather warms up. That was fun.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

So you thought I was a little "off," huh?

You guys are our heroes. We point at you when thinking about how we want to be as a couple.

Have a rockin' 2008. oops. I mean, have a terrific 2008 (I'm trying to talk like a grownup now)